Redian新闻
>
‘His shirt got sucked off his body’: passengers on the .....

‘His shirt got sucked off his body’: passengers on the .....

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

At the time of the incident the aircraft was still climbing altitude, most of the passengers were still buckled down, it could have been much worse if it happened at cruise height after the seatbelt lights turned off. Years ago my sister told me her friend's tribulation during a fly. The plane was hit by violent turbulence, some passengers were tossed into the air or ceiling? maybe? One with broken leg and many other injuries. After landed in Beijing several badly injured people were taken by stretchers. 

Since then I always had myself seatbelted along the whole path except for washroom. 

TThe loud “boom” was startling enough, and the roaring wind that immediately filled the airline cabin left Kelly Bartlett unnerved. Still, it wasn’t until a shaken teenager, shirtless and scratched, slid into the seat next to her that she realized just how close disaster had come.

A section of the Boeing 737 Max 9’s fuselage just three rows away had blown out – at three miles high – creating a vacuum that twisted the metal of the seats nearby, and snatched cellphones, headsets and even the shirt off the teenager’s back.

“His shirt got sucked off of his body when the panel blew out because of the pressure, and it was his seatbelt that kept him in his seat and saved his life. And there he was next to me,” she said, adding that his mother was reseated elsewhere.

“We had our masks on, and the plane was really loud so we couldn’t talk. But I had a … notes app on my phone that I was typing on. So I typed to him and I asked him if he was hurt,” Bartlett said. “I just couldn’t believe he was sitting there and what he must have gone through, what he must have been feeling at the time.”

She said the boy typed back that he was OK, but a bit scratched, adding “that was unbelievable” and “thank you for your kindness.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/09/alaska-airlines-boeing-737-max-9-blowout

永远老李
2 楼
Thanks god it was only a door.

Thanks god it was not the whole fuslage tore apart. 

It is amazing two cell phones were recovered on the groud. Apple did good job and Boeing didn't. 

最西边的岛上
3 楼
We were on Max once,terrible washroom size,so no more since
移花接木
4 楼
@least all Beoings I'd taken squized WR size 2 barely in
移花接木
5 楼
even the much larger, long range 777s, 787s
移花接木
6 楼
certainly not freefall, Iphones' backdoor tech-----glider
永远老李
7 楼
LOL
盈盈一笑间
8 楼
That’s terrifying! I’ll wear my seat belt at all times
盈盈一笑间
9 楼
going forward, after reading this article. Thanks 4 sharing.
永远老李
10 楼
A Taiwan Boeing-747 lost something much bigger than door

During a flight from Taiwan to Hong Kong, the aircraft lost its tail. Everyone on board was dead. 

天边一片白云
11 楼
That is so scary. 我经常站到过道上。看来以后得老老实实系好安全带坐着。
移花接木
12 楼
747 is aging, but still some in passenger operation ,
永远老李
13 楼
Lufthansa, Korean Air and Air China

I will definitely try to board a Boeing-747 before they disappear for good. 

Boeing-747 is my all time favorite airplane. 

盈盈一笑间
14 楼
一样一样哒
相关阅读
证监会对4家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月5日—2024年1月11日)高尔夫打与不打红色日记 过春节 2.1-20The Missing Driver: How a Tragedy Sparks Kindness Across ChinaFor China’s Restaurant Scavengers, Another Year of Successtheory outlet 黑五折扣升级,up to 80% off + 额外10% off,很多款都是抄底价了!APAD: give the devil his due200刀Samsung Odyssey G32A 27" FHD 165Hz FreeSync 1ms Gaming Monit斗胆说一句:托老先生挺罗嗦的你们有人喜欢去full body massage吗?欢迎交流经验请问大家在哪里给队友买t shirt 求建议" My body finally surrendered to my mind "WW2: shoot first, or no chance at all证监会对4家企业拟香港上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月12日—2024年1月18日)装修记(小说)【一句话翻译】Golden Gate Bridge puts up net for suicide deterrentsEndangered Xizang Cattle Cloned For the First Time说实话,现在asian在医疗领域已经严重overreprensented了,如果作为医生还好,因为医生现在有行会保护,是就孙卫东是否叛国之辩,茶坛有网友说起了钱,暴露了当年计划经济下的糊涂账。孙父母那辈的高学历专业人士,辛苦几十年,工资不涨打高尔夫球的男士们喜欢穿什么牌子的polo/golf shirt?秋游盖蒂斯堡国家军事公园APAD: Over my dead body.天玉之现代新诗习作集 《十八相送》(2015-2019)我也是随着年龄的增长,对很多东西失去了兴趣,但是爱上了书法。我是觉得书法越写越爱。推荐jms尝试书法。无可替代的涓涓心流证监会对6家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月19日—2024年1月25日)Male Mosquitoes Sucked Blood Too, Study Shows感谢每位回帖提供信者! 有没有和我一样的?Costco买肉(新鲜、便宜)。中超买蔬菜(品种多、符合华人胃口、价格便宜)。2008春 欧洲印象 18德国 颇有绅士风度的城市波恩蹭热发个繁花贴:耳环事件,玲子菱红两则拉三,菱红二百杀熟两千六,玲子二千六坑了三万九,小汪错在认不出这么大价差是故意坑她APAD: every Jack has his JillWhite Hat, Black Hat: Bringing Hackers Out of the Shadows腰易伤, 可能是缺乏full body bridge, glute bridge 练习APAD: Every man has his priceWhat do you think the IXO boy and his friends should doNo pain no gain, I was all wet ealier then got rewardedThe ‘Invisible’ Cleaners Keeping the Cities Spotless英国游玩:参观高大上的十九世纪前的欧洲顶级贵族庄园 (Sir Richard Colt Hoare‘s)生命的觉醒APAD:If the mountain won't come to Mohammed, then Mohammed..今天夜里四点多开车去休斯顿机场。回国后就不能上文学城了。只是想活跃一下坛子,请居士见谅,不要跟老虎生气:)UA 用里程升
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。