Redian新闻
>
哈佛招的体育生再得一块金牌,学位也最高,选才的眼光和名声一样

哈佛招的体育生再得一块金牌,学位也最高,选才的眼光和名声一样

三河匹夫
楼主 (文学城)

WORK 27-year-old Harvard grad and gold medalist says her health-care job helped her win in the Olympics Published Tue, Aug 6 20245:20 PM EDT Morgan Smith@THEWORDSMITHM SHAREShare Article via FacebookShare Article via TwitterShare Article via LinkedInShare Article via Email  

Gabrielle Thomas of the United States celebrates her gold medal win in the Women’s 200m Final during the Athletics Competition at the Stade de France during the Paris 2024 Summer Olympic Games on August 6th, 2024, in Paris, France. Tim Clayton | Corbis Sport | Getty Images

American sprinter Gabby Thomas won her first Olympic gold medal in the 2024 Paris Games women’s 200-meter final on Tuesday — an accomplishment that she credits, in part, to her second job.

The 27-year-old, who took home bronze and silver during her Olympic debut at the Tokyo games, balances her career as an Olympian with a job in health care. 

Thomas holds a bachelor’s degree in neurobiology from Harvard University and a master’s degree in public health from the University of Texas Health Science Center. 

In the months leading up to the Games, Thomas trained three to six hours a day, but at night, she worked at an Austin volunteer health-care clinic for people without insurance. 

The Atlanta, Georgia native told NBC News that having a career outside of track has played a critical role in her success as a professional athlete. 

“The way I became successful in track and field was basically running track part-time,” she said. “And I think for me that’s really important for my mental health, just having other things in my life that helped fulfill, you know, my goals and make me feel fulfilled.”

Speaking to Olympics.com ahead of the race, Thomas reiterated that having a second career sharpens her focus and helps her decompress from the constant grind of training.

“I think I’m just so grateful to get to do what I love,” Thomas told Olympics.com. “I think about it all the time, and even after a hard day at the track, when I’m tired and wheezing from practice, I’m just like, ‘I’m so grateful to be doing what I love and to be able to do it for a living.’”

She added: “And then I get to go to the clinic and volunteer and make a difference in people’s lives. So I feel so fulfilled, and I feel so passionate about everything I do. And [that all] really just comes from gratitude.”

Although Thomas has ambitions to compete in Los Angeles in 2028 — and win more medals — she said she has an even bigger goal in mind: running a hospital or nonprofit to democratize information and access to health care.

“I hope that I’m doing the same thing I’m doing now, which is letting my passions drive me,” she told NBC News.

三河匹夫
2 楼
第一块是 Kristen Faulkner ended a 40-year-drought for the U.S.
小松松
3 楼
很美丽的女孩。
江城_83
4 楼
昨天娃爸看完也说H没选错。总体来说,能上腃校都有两下子
中国心中国人
5 楼
哈佛能拿奖品的很少见,难怪那么稀罕
倩倩2
6 楼
她长得很漂亮。她的男友及男友的家人都到巴黎给她加油。她和她男友是跨族裔的男女朋友,显然她男友的家人都支持俩人。见链接:

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/sporting/a61699928/who-is-spencer-mcmanes-gabby-thomas-boyfriend/

katies
7 楼
有passion,哈佛没看错。
三河匹夫
8 楼
二块金牌,超过不少国家。
东西南北衫
9 楼
UVA光游泳就拿了11块奖牌
小松松
10 楼
她跑步的英姿让我想起了另一位美丽的女飞人,格里菲斯乔伊纳。
Feinbery
11 楼
祖国举重开始发飙了,美国马上要被甩后面了
Feinbery
12 楼
美帝沙滩排球,三人篮球男女全部折戟。没想到啊
zaocha2002
13 楼
还有田径,自行车,男篮女篮吧
gladys
14 楼
NBA的大佬们嫌打三人篮球没钱
成功的兔
15 楼
搭车问问每天吃的维生素

能不能给个照片,你吃的,田螺吃的

在考虑依葫芦画瓢

nnong
16 楼
肌肉练得太好了
oldbridge
17 楼
剩下的项目真没什么好看的,基本已经是垃圾时间
Feinbery
18 楼
没祖国多了,祖国还有举重乒乓球跳水等。
Feinbery
19 楼
最近两个月懒得都没吃了。好像上次看医生前拍了个照片,找到了,两年前的了

成功的兔
20 楼
谢谢
zaocha2002
21 楼
跳水只有一块了吧。乒乓两块,举重不知道了
我是谁的谁
22 楼
UVA出了个大神数学教授转行去做的游泳教练。。。所以以后说体育是数学老师教的不丢人
Feinbery
23 楼
后来发现我血里全是铁,那个锌就不吃了
Feinbery
24 楼
举重共6块,有可能包圆
三河匹夫
25 楼
男女篮球,女足,田径接力,长跑,滑板。。。
成功的兔
26 楼
测了?一般女士可能缺铁
trivial
27 楼
OMG 几天时间都传成这样了? UVA 的教练还是Todd Desorbo.
三河匹夫
28 楼
男女篮球,女足,田径接力,滑板。。。
Feinbery
29 楼
测两年了,铁含量一直高很多。说是会损害肝,到处MRI了也没问题。铁锅扔了,暂时不管了
Feinbery
30 楼
公司一个阿米哥妹子缺铁缺很了,整天去医院看,我又太多,融合一下就好了。嘿嘿
Feinbery
31 楼
除了男篮女篮,其他没把握的。不像祖国的跳水乒乓都是囊中之物,举重几乎能包圆
成功的兔
32 楼
哈哈哈
成功的兔
33 楼
没看懂,铁和MRI什么关系?
Bailey4321
34 楼
得定时去献血。以前我认识的一个人是这样。
无言无语无声
35 楼
真的很棒。在兼顾运动和职业同时还做 free clinic 志愿者 。学公共卫生的,应该学医。
无言无语无声
36 楼
她挺漂亮的。祖先是不是南美啊我觉得有点像。
我是谁的谁
37 楼
(UVA) mathematics professor Ken Ono

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dycuds3ylM

Feinbery
38 楼
MRI查肝肾等有没有问题啊
moon*river
39 楼
Helps, 不是coaches
我是谁的谁
40 楼
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"
Feinbery
41 楼
我也在考虑,治病还能拿钱,一举两得。就不知道捐前检测过不过关
Pilsung
42 楼
定期放血啊.LD哥哥就是铁太多,三个月放一次血.LD因为从小不吃红肉,所以他的铁还没有超标.

他们北欧后裔,好像都是会血液里铁含量过高.

不过女人有月经,定期放血.而男人也得定期放血/

我就没法献血.亚洲人一般都是铁含量不足,会易造成贫血.

我在美国大学两次去献血,都是第一滴血的测铁含量的.我都是不达标不能献.

Feinbery
43 楼
我除了早饭,每顿必须有红肉啊。宁死要吃肉。亚洲人都缺铁啊?难怪以前公司同事说我不像亚洲人(指个性啊。长相是亚得不能再亚了
Bebe54321
44 楼
Fencing woman team gold 有个哈佛在校学生 Lauren Scruggs
gladys
45 楼
献血 :D
弯刀月
46 楼
脸蛋发紫看不出来吧
相关阅读
剧荒,补课看了‘长相思“1和2,比较喜欢第二部,所有的矛盾冲突都发生并有了结局16岁参加工作的副县长,和金融圈炫富的体育生:他们都有光明的未来包子魔咒“如果你听了哈佛招生官的话就能上哈佛,那么哈佛录取率应该是100%”马斯克再得一子! 这是...第12次当爹了?开保时捷进投行的体育生揭开的金融圈乱象,早被张雪峰老师言中了2024年8月17日星期六RELO广州英语教学研讨会【坛庆接龙】八星报喜#2 《闪亮的日子》昨天看了一眼男篮,咋的老北京,小咖喱,KD,,,都云集美国奥运队?热搜爆了!“莎头组合”混双夺冠,王楚钦:我愿用生命换这块金牌第12次当爹...马斯克与女下属再得一子拿了40块金牌的健儿们,终于“不装了”乌军已进入俄境内达15公里我老土. 这是商务舱还是一等舱? 老高级呢.避免wash sale的操作开保时捷911的体育生,投行实习泄密大瓜我有個房子持有15年了,延期了很多 uneducable rent lossTim Walz 毕业学校【坛庆接龙】八星报喜 #1 【星】什么是文化?佛罗里达的房市如此惨淡吗?50万的新房,直接降到37万!征服太空谐音梗戏剧性丢金,美媒:有这块金牌就追上中国了中场起哄:给我一个吻看到大家在说商务舱,看看哪十大航空公司拥有最好的商务舱?:)【坛庆接龙】八星报喜#2 《莫斯科之[夜],( 莫斯科郊外的晚上)》梦版俄语国语三重混唱我在芝加哥有个房子要出租,不知大家都是怎么决定价格的?【坛庆接龙】八星报喜#1 《夜空中最亮的星》【奥运搞笑】借来的好图(九):好快的门!
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。