Redian新闻
>
APAD: "Win without fighting"

APAD: "Win without fighting"

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)

"To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.“
- The Art of War ch. 3, Sun Tzu fl.

Origin:

孙子兵法谋攻篇:“是故百戰百勝,非善之善者也;不戰而屈人之兵,善之善者也。”
-  from online

Meaning:

What it expresses is that the best wisdom is definitely not to win with brute force, because it will also incur harm to yourself. It’s best to win with wisdom and strategy. Only a real master can achieve his goal by making good use of the three conditions of good time, favorable location, and supporting people. This is the wisdom of "subdue an enemy without fighting."
- reddit r/Military

Few other books can claim as great an influence on the history of warfare as Sun Tzu’s The Art of War. Composed in China more than 2,500 years ago, the military treatise founded an ideology of war that would echo down to many past wars in Asia pacific region. Today, The Art of War is studied in military academies worldwide.  - https://www.history.com/topics/ancient-china/the-art-of-war (with edit)

Note historians believe the first war in recorded history took place in Mesopotamia in 2,700 B.C. between the forces of Sumer and Elam. Enembaragesi.  - https://www.wonderopolis.org/wonder/how-long-have-there-been-wars 
-------------------------------

I, like most of us, personally prefer peace over war. I'm aware but have no idea why there are always wars between humans.  But I can relay today's APAD with how to handle conflicts in everyday life, using wisdom and skill to get agreement between parties with different opinions.  This is always the best way for everyone involved, whenever possible.

Actually Maowi the cat is a master in the matter.  If there is a disagreement in our family which is not very often, as soon as Maowi hears the "debate" and shows up, all will be happy and agreeable, without Maowi having to say a single word.  Even at Victoria international airport, the person at the security gate was so happy to see Maowi that he forgot to check my luggage once. So Maowi must know how to 知己知彼百战不殆

Happy Sunday everyone!

妖妖灵
2 楼
Maowi is the peacemaker!:)
移花接木
3 楼
不战而屈人之兵
最西边的岛上
4 楼
+ a peacekeeper ;-)
最西边的岛上
5 楼
不战而胜善之上善!
最西边的岛上
6 楼
wait, what about 不战而败?To win by losing ;-))
7grizzly
7 楼
Don Altobello: "Blessed is the peacemaker ..." TheGodfather3
最西边的岛上
8 楼
yes, "because they will b called sons ofGod” (Matt. 5:9) ;)
7grizzly
9 楼
That scene never fails to make me laugh :-))
最西边的岛上
10 楼
just went Utube to refresh memory. I've 2 agree and laugh2;)
瓷善家
11 楼
Maowi’s so lucky and adorable to be traveling with you
最西边的岛上
12 楼
thx! he was holding myNeck w/ both hands like aChild :)
最西边的岛上
13 楼
I think that likely was the thing moved the security guy ;)
最西边的岛上
14 楼
In pic, he sat close2endOf the seat,2leave room 4me 2sit….
最西边的岛上
15 楼
what a boy, sent by heaven, It's me who is so lucky!!!
移花接木
16 楼
不久前回顾了一下战国一场不战而屈人之兵的战例,最后功败垂成。齐灭燕,30年后燕复仇,5国联军灭齐,乐毅半年扫齐.。。。

乐毅半年扫齐七十余城,最后齐国只剩,莒城与即墨。即墨城坚粮多,乐毅不攻城,想不战而屈人之兵,围困即墨。齐国人过习惯了安逸舒服的日子,没有斗志。 害得田单不得不使出一整套连环计,反间计,苦肉计,最后火牛阵。

即墨被围五年,最后把燕王熬死,遂用反间计,散布乐毅自己要称王的谣言,致使乐毅被骑劫顶替。

然后苦肉计,说齐国人怕暴力不怕乐毅的战术,害得齐国俘虏被劓刑,又害得即墨城外齐国祖坟被刨,终于成功激起齐国人的斗志。

看来不战而屈人之兵还不够,还要屈人之将

最西边的岛上
17 楼
哈哈哈,"屈人之将" ;-)) == “兵者,詭道也”。thx 4 sharing!
瓷善家
18 楼
Lucky mom, lucky 毛孩、happy family!
天边一片白云
19 楼
Hope people think same way like you and Maowi .
最西边的岛上
20 楼
I'm sure most people are. Thx 白云!
相关阅读
Up or Out: The Ruthless Tenure Race for Young Chinese Scholars完美理想的世界在哪里?咨询招聘进度 | AlphaSights在发上海2024年全职面试邀请今天花不到两百的工钱把整个房子的地毯和Vinylsheet都装的差不多了,剩下装饰性的活我就不怕了观点越辩越明:为啥像居士那样通过自住房重贷投资股市,和是不是跟居士一样高收入高资产没有关系请教,哪种警报器最好?[掌设] WITHINGS Scan watch light 开箱体验我是怎样开始做冥想的吹牛时间到2024年9月美国移民排期投资股市要有定力。谈命运2024财年最后一个月绿卡排期,2024年9月出炉熱烈祝賀傻大姐奪冠!!!携程退房退款服务,儿菜,退林还耕,以及弥勒旅居CVPR'24 Highlight|一个框架搞定人物动作生成,精细到手部运动Zillow查信用不靠谱+加了些个人感悟人生是一种选择—看“凡人歌”里的一地鸡毛现在投资房净值基本除了让它睡大觉,没有好办法转帖一个硅谷居士博客文章,为什么选VGT的好文2024年9月排期表已出,亲属类职业类均无变化投资非常个人,生活也是;“李锐日记”归属权案的庭审观感(上)今年成功的实现了目标2024年9月美国移民排期更新!涛声依旧2024年9月绿卡排期:职业移民和亲属移民均未变化趁着NVDA股价还在三位数,晒个账户截图留念,要等到论坛年底总结大会时再晒,估计就没现在的数字了大陆没有国企而有官企。Highlights|用时装浪漫致意2024七夕情人节
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。