Redian新闻
>
“The Lady in Red”

“The Lady in Red”

豆青
楼主 (文学城)

The Lady in Red 

I like the song "The Lady In Red" written by Chris de Burgh. His voice is so sincere and simple, and it reminds me of the campus ballroom dance party.

When I was in college, as young people, we often held dance training sessions, and the coach taught us about dance positions (e.g. closed position, promenade position, outside partner position, and open position) and how to hold each other’s hands properly to transmit the direction and strength of footwork from the leader to the follower. In fact, learning ballroom dancing is an enlightenment of social etiquette.

Once at a party with the Department of Foreign Languages, I boldly set a goal to invite every female student present to dance a song. “May I invite you to dance?” In most cases, dance partners could follow the guidance very well and transmit information smoothly. However, some female dance partners were not very sensitive to the signal of my right hand at the waist, for I couldn't use too much force, and I felt a little heavy with them. In such a situation, if the leading dancer's skill was not yet proficient, the steps might be fast or slow on some beats. However, sometimes, even if you were not good at dancing, it wouldn't be a big problem to meet a female dance partner who was good at it, and you would gradually dance like a flowing step with her. I met such a girl, wearing a red dress that night, beautiful, generous and dignified. She was so outstanding that she naturally became the "princess" on the dance floor. Indeed, it would make some people have stage fright. "Could I ask you to dance? If I’m not doing well, please forgive me." She nodded with a sunny smile, and got up generously, and the music slowly sounded. She followed me and danced effortlessly. Occasionally, she gave feedback on the small mistakes of alignment, and it was so appropriate and so free together in continuous footwork... . She was like a cloud in the sky, moving with me, and like a boat on the Danube River, drifting with the waves. She was as light as a feather, understanding, so that the leader could not even feel the follower's presence. Who did I dance with? Dancing undoubtedly requires technique, but it also requires understanding and inclusive appreciation beyond technique. At the end of the music, she said, "You dance very well!" I said the same thing to her. She was the best dancer of the day and of all time. Later, it was difficult to have such a feeling, and my interest in dancing has gone. 

The dance of life needs to be learned . Who are you lucky to dance with? At first, he seemed a little clumsy. She intelligently influenced him in a "weak" way. He quickly found the rhythm of life and danced with time.

Hope you like this song “The Lady in Red”.

11/29/2023 by DQ-CM

The lady in Red

I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight,

I've never seen you shine so bright,

I've never seen so many men ask you if you wanted to dance,

They're looking for a little romance, given half a chance,

And I have never seen that dress you're wearing,

Or the highlights in your hair that catch your eyes,

I have been blind;

The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,

There's nobody here, it's just you and me,

It's where I want to be,

But I hardly know this beauty by my side,

I'll never forget the way you look tonight;

I've never seen you looking so gorgeous as you did tonight,

I've never seen you shine so bright, you were amazing,

I've never seen so many people want to be there by your side,

And when you turned to me and smiled, it took my breath away,

And I have never had such a feeling,

Such a feeling of complete and utter love, as I do tonight;

The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,

There's nobody here, it's just you and me,

It's where I want to be,

But I hardly know this beauty by my side,

I'll never forget the way you look tonight;

I never will forget the way you look tonight.

The lady in red, the lady in red,

The lady in red, my lady in red,

I love you

(The  lyrics is from WWW)

盈盈一笑间
2 楼
Beautiful melody, beautiful story. It's romantic ~ ~
盈盈一笑间
3 楼
I attended dance training sessions in college too. 快三慢四华尔兹。。

以前念书的时候,也时常和同宿舍的好朋友一起去参加校园舞会。这文章看着亲切~ ~ 

豆青
4 楼
Thank you!
豆青
5 楼
beautiful memories , unforgettable and even now sweet
盈盈一笑间
6 楼
音乐好听,正在循环收听这首英文歌。谢谢豆兄分享英文歌,和与之相关的故事。生动,优美。

可以考虑写一个系列。

豆青
7 楼
他另外一首Songbird,也非常好听,卫班的歌声很像Chris de Burgh的风格:)
豆青
8 楼
See the link
盈盈一笑间
9 楼
好听!音色和卫宁的还真有些相似。:))
唐宋韵
10 楼
你的文章让我想起件事情:记得我还不太会跳的时候,斗胆请了一个女孩。她不仅耐心,而且教我跳。指点我跳了好几曲。
唐宋韵
11 楼
闲聊中得知她是地理系的。。。三十多年了,我忘掉了所有的大学里跳舞的细节,但记得那一次她的善意。
豆青
12 楼
是的,善意在细节面前显得不重要了,一个微笑令人难以忘怀。
唐宋韵
13 楼
啊,老兄你说啥?我说善意最难忘、最重要,细节已经消失了。。。
盈盈一笑间
14 楼
综合二位的意思,善意的微笑,最难忘。微笑传递善意。。LOL
7grizzly
15 楼
Youth wasted: too busy surviving&never learned dancing :-)
唐宋韵
16 楼
又想起件事情:大学里有一次开全校大会。突然间一位老教授冲的台上要说几句,他说,我家就住在南园外面,现在每天晚上都听到
豆青
17 楼
就是这个意思,赞!
唐宋韵
18 楼
锵锵锵的音乐。你们周末跳还不够,天天跳!这样不行啊同学们。我痛心啊,请你们千万不要玩物丧志,”白了少年头,空悲切“啊。
7grizzly
19 楼
Yes. That's exactly how the elders put the fear in us :-)))
豆青
20 楼
周末跳一下还是可以滴:)
暖冬cool夏
21 楼
So did you dance with the girl in red,cheek to cheek too?
暖冬cool夏
22 楼
Just kidding;)) Hand in hand at most.
豆青
23 楼
You are absolutely right! :)
卫宁
24 楼
谢谢盈盈,赶快来听听!
卫宁
25 楼
太荣幸了,能跟Chris de Burgh一样风格,谢谢豆兄!
卫宁
26 楼
仔细听了,跟大明星差距甚远,盈盈和豆兄穆赞惭愧了!谢谢!
卫宁
27 楼
赞,意思我也懂了!:))
相关阅读
张辽为什么厉害 ?小说:A Video的传说 22023【唱坛好声音】11/29终极海选日公告西雅图“THE EMERALD”美丽岸高端海景公寓---Penthouse高端户型鉴赏请问11年级娃要给写推荐信的老师送礼物吗?我行走在“鸟巢”的“顶美空中走廊” (多图)《高原红》 为唱坛好声音拱火、浇油。推荐个电影给家里有teenager鸡飞狗跳的爸妈:Lady bird特斯拉----短线或仅作壁上观​京东成为2024春晚独家互动合作平台;支付宝集五福1月29日开始;长城汽车2023年营收1734.1亿元……双11清衣橱各种大牌Co, the Row, Acne Studios, Miu Miu, Marni, Red V等等默克尔余毒【纪念爱的星空两周年】※ Red is the rose ※苏珊米勒每日运势2024年1月29日我和老爸强强联手改变了老姐的毕业志愿 (下)BoA 信用卡 More Rewards Day 活动:2023年11月9日所有消费+2%返现(但有上限了)民国人,原来是个正常人格passport, 看来,到死也只能站在递申请的等候队伍里了。喊一声:J Crew条纹毛衣40% off了 Emilie patch感恩与执念Lady Almina and the Real Downton AbbeyA Lady from America's Troubled PastJCrew 很多新款6折,Frances lady jacket 回到折扣里了,红色hoodie 很好看邀请函:2024年1月29日下午14:00浙江省金融人才协会跨界交流会暨港湾金融大讲堂第一期【听歌练听力】"Red River Valley" Suzy Bogguss's Version秋天的鸟鸣咱家今天过双十节经络检测仪及其检测方法这俩是谁家的女儿?厉害!墨尔本免费万圣节活动:The Haunted Theatre!10月28日开启!【美坛综艺秀】 Red River Valley 红河谷邀请函:2024年1月29日下午14:00港湾金融大讲堂第一期【唱坛好声音】【专题报道之五】海选四证监会对6家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月19日—2024年1月25日)旅美散记(26):花开花落都美丽尼采“There are no facts, only interpretations”如何理解?癌症病人,后期是怎麽过的?好奇你家请cleaning lady 吗?颜色一不小心,闯入北美最大的野牛群BoA 信用卡 More Rewards Day 活动:2023年11月9日所有消费+2%返现(但有上限了)【开始了】
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。