Redian新闻
>
APAD:Fake it till you make it

APAD:Fake it till you make it

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

"Fake it till you make it"  is an aphorism that suggests that by imitating confidence, competence, and an optimistic mindset, a person can realize those qualities in their real life and achieve the results they seek.

One consciously cultivate an attitude, feeling, or perception of competence that you don't currently have by pretending you do until it becomes true.

below: only ready if you have time to spare

===========================================================

Literiture:

The phrase is first attested some time before 1973. The earliest reference to a similar phrase occurs in the Simon & Garfunkel song "Fakin' It", released in 1968 as a single and also on their Bookends album. Simon sings, "And I know I'm fakin' it, I'm not really makin' it."

Similar advice has been offered by a number of writers over time:

Action seems to follow feeling, but really action and feeling go together; and by regulating the action, which is under the more direct control of the will, we can indirectly regulate the feeling, which is not. Thus the sovereign voluntary path to cheerfulness, if our spontaneous cheerfulness be lost, is to sit up cheerfully, to look round cheerfully, and to act and speak as if cheerfulness were already there. If such conduct does not make you soon feel cheerful, nothing else on that occasion can. So to feel brave, act as if we were brave, use all our will to that end, and a courage-fit will very likely replace the fit of fear.

—?William James, "The Gospel of Relaxation", On Vital Reserves (1922)

In the law of attraction movement, "act as if you already have it", or simply "act as if", is a central concept:

How do you get yourself to a point of believing? Start make-believing. Be like a child, and make-believe. Act as if you have it already. As you make-believe, you will begin to believe you have received.

—?Rhonda Byrne, The Secret (2006)

In psychology

Main article: Facial feedback hypothesis

In the 1920s, Alfred Adler developed a therapeutic technique that he called "acting as if", asserting that "if you want a quality, act as if you already have it". This strategy gave his clients an opportunity to practice alternatives to dysfunctional behaviors.[6] Adler's method is still used today and is often described as role play.

"Faking it till you make it" is a psychological tool discussed in neuroscientific research. A 1988 experiment by Fritz Strack claimed to show that mood can be improved by holding a pen between the user's teeth to force a smile,[6] but a posterior experiment failed to replicate it, due to which Strack was awarded the Ig Nobel Prize for psychology in 2019.[10] A later 2022 study about strategies to counter emotional distress found forced smiling not more effective than forced neutral expressions and other strategies of emotional regulation.

永远老李
2 楼
Elizabeth Holmes and her Theranos are pretty good at this
7grizzly
3 楼
Act-as-if could have theological basis in the Matthew effect
移花接木
4 楼
Just studied Matthew effect, I've stiff seeing-is-believing
移花接木
5 楼
mind, act-as-if I believe is certainly difficult
方外居士
6 楼
Very different from Chinese teaching”知之为知之,不知为不知,是知也”
移花接木
7 楼
fake it 只是鼓舞士气的格言,中国人也照样常用
方外居士
8 楼
望梅止渴。
妖妖灵
9 楼
梦想有多远,路就能走多远~
移花接木
10 楼
我觉得不论是歌,诗,谚语,能令人很快印象深刻的都是rhyming的
7grizzly
11 楼
Love 'stiff'! Such a versatile word :-)
移花接木
12 楼
mentally, physically,
天边一片白云
13 楼
will power
最西边的岛上
14 楼
an interesting proverb, can b posit. o negat depending where
最西边的岛上
15 楼
one sets the bar. Positive as 相信自己,方能成功。
最西边的岛上
16 楼
Negative as keep repeating lies to self ...
最西边的岛上
17 楼
btw,I made a mistake by saying: make it till you fake it ;)
盈盈一笑间
18 楼
老外很爱说的一句话。:)
相关阅读
收割人类 III 之第十八章 宇宙养老计划(6)坚持和康复之路枫林音乐:你 YouAPAD: You can't go home again证监会对4家企业拟香港上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月12日—2024年1月18日)APAD: One swallow does not make a summerAdele 《Make You Feel My Love》《I Give You Silver, You Give Me Gold》《我给你银,你给我金》蓝百合,中国分阿尔卑斯山里的法国小镇2024年1月16日(周二)冯站长之家三分钟晚间新闻APAD:When life gives you lemons, make lemonade证监会对1家企业拟美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月26日—2024年2月1日)【老键曲库】战争,都是僵尸侵脑习近平向美投降书 (2023年11月,旧金山)【美坛综艺秀假日篇】You Are My Sunshine (你是我的阳光)APAD: You cannot unread a book :+) ~~~~~~2024年1月16日医疗晨报证监会对6家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月19日—2024年1月25日)※ ※ You are my sunshine ※ ※ 祝大家感恩节快乐!:DDDD【唱坛好声音】《You Were Always On My Mind》娃最难爬藤的收入群体:parents make $158200 to $222400 a year【冯站长之家】2024年1月16日(周二)三分钟新闻早餐No one can make you feel inferior without your consentMAKE UP FOR EVER 熬夜粉底$10.50阵痛期。。。。To make myself more punctual I ... ...同一天进入考场,交出了两份完全不同的答卷APAD:if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys泉州人的信仰2024年1月16日历史上的今天How many have you tried?These will make your head spinAPAD: You are what you eatAPAD: Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep and you weep【唱坛好声音】《And I Love You So》——叉总爱喝茶战队PK证监会对4家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月5日—2024年1月11日)Woolworths本周最新打折图表1月10日--1月16日!面试技巧|如何回答How would your boss and colleagues describe you?冰岛阿库雷里(Akureyri),小岛素描
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。