Redian新闻
>
APAD:When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

APAD:When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade is a proverbial phrase used to encourage optimism and a positive can-do attitude in the face of adversity or misfortune. Lemons suggest sourness or difficulty in life; making lemonade is turning them into something positive or desirable.

Origins

The sentiment has often been expressed in varying words. Its first known print use, as attributed to Christian anarchist writer Elbert Hubbard in 1909 in Literary Digest, reads: "A genius is a man who takes the lemons that Fate hands him and starts a lemonade-stand with them." He also used it in a 1915 obituary he penned and published for dwarf actor Marshall Pinckney Wilder. The obituary, entitled The King of Jesters, praises Wilder's optimistic attitude and achievements in the face of his disabilities:

"He was a walking refutation of that dogmatic statement, Mens sana in corpore sano. His was a sound mind in an unsound body. He proved the eternal paradox of things. He cashed in on his disabilities. He picked up the lemons that Fate had sent him and started a lemonade-stand."

Although the first two known uses in print are by Hubbard, many modern authors attribute the expression to Dale Carnegie who used it in his 1948 book How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. Carnegie's version reads:

"If You Have a Lemon, Make a Lemonade."

盈盈一笑间
2 楼
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about
盈盈一笑间
3 楼
learning how to dance in the rain.
盈盈一笑间
4 楼
人生不是等着暴风雨过去,而是学会在风雨中跳舞 ~~
天边一片白云
5 楼
very inspiring.
天边一片白云
6 楼
九十年代我老公从深圳出差回家特意带了新奇水果柠檬和榴莲。都被我仍进垃圾桶了。一个太酸,一个太臭。
最西边的岛上
7 楼
赞一个!很有哲理. We may never have what we want in life, but

we can always leverage and make full use of what we have already.  

Thx for sharing.

移花接木
8 楼
凡是鼓足勇气吃榴莲的,据说都会吃上瘾
移花接木
9 楼
难道不是赶紧先找shelter?
7grizzly
10 楼
While chasing non-lemon, keep the lemonade recipe.
方外居士
11 楼
是不是和吃臭豆腐一样?
盈盈一笑间
12 楼
也是理科僧吧?跟一张

盈盈一笑间
13 楼
榴莲,菠萝蜜,臭豆腐都是我喜欢哒,柠檬除外~~
盈盈一笑间
14 楼
always leverage and make full use of what we have already. 赞
天边一片白云
15 楼
真被你说中了。我后来听一个在新加坡工作了几年的亲戚说榴莲很好吃。到了加拿大看有卖的。我买后捏着鼻子吃进去。一不小心上瘾了
Oona
16 楼
Exactly ! :)
妖妖灵
17 楼
Lemon is a secret weapon to make the pretty Mango cake~
相关阅读
APAD: Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep and you weep娃最难爬藤的收入群体:parents make $158200 to $222400 a year开班教课系列:简单电工(4)These will make your head spin【唱坛好声音】《You Were Always On My Mind》APAD:Fake it till you make it《歌德堡变奏曲1470》周末碎碎念:秋夜、听雨、跑步、宝宝APAD: One swallow does not make a summerAdele 《Make You Feel My Love》APAD: You cannot unread a book :+) ~~~~~~MAKE UP FOR EVER 熬夜粉底$10.50How many have you tried?【周末综艺会10期】AI 原创 - Spinning Love + suno chirp AI - Text to music/Best door bell camera with LONGEST battery life巴黎凯旋门上的四块浮雕证监会对4家企业拟香港上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月12日—2024年1月18日)APAD: You are what you eatTo make myself more punctual I ... ...每天学一句英语台词|You have a roof over your head《I Give You Silver, You Give Me Gold》《我给你银,你给我金》《大炮、病菌和一场春梦》 (17) 那一年的记忆,除了战争和瘟疫,还有我做的春梦窦文涛/尹烨说很多复杂的东西都可以讲得清晰明了!男子汉宣言旅美青年学者的辞世——《缅怀晓宏|陈朗:请君重作醉歌行》——欢迎大家讨论学术,生活和家庭APAD:if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys证监会对4家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月5日—2024年1月11日)面试技巧|如何回答Where do you see yourself in 5 years?周日长跑---自律的大叔,秋意正浓证监会对6家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月19日—2024年1月25日)Space Race: Why Young Chinese Are Cutting Ties with Relatives面试技巧|如何回答How would your boss and colleagues describe you?【广州美国中心活动】《珊瑚礁救援 》电影放映和讨论,2024年1月18日,星期四,晚上7:00-9:00No one can make you feel inferior without your consent证监会对1家企业拟美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月26日—2024年2月1日)※ ※ You are my sunshine ※ ※ 祝大家感恩节快乐!:DDDD《歌德堡变奏曲1471》My life sucks面试技巧|如何回答What's your greatest achievement?回答别人问“Where are you from ?" 很多不是问来源国,你可以这样回答
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。