Redian新闻
>
APAD: You are what you eat

APAD: You are what you eat

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)
You are what you eat

The proverbial saying 'You are what you eat' is the notion that to be fit and healthy you need to eat good food.

What's the origin of the phrase 'You are what you eat'? The originator of 'You are what you eat'
was Anthelme Brillat-Savarin.
His version was 'Tell me what you eat
and I will tell you what you are'

'You are what you eat' has come to into the English language by quite a meandering route.

In 1826, the French lawyer Anthelme Brillat-Savarin wrote, in Physiologie du Gout, ou Meditations de Gastronomie Transcendante:

"Dis-moi ce que tu manges, je te dirai ce que tu es."
[Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are].

In an essay titled Concerning Spiritualism and Materialism, 1863/4, Ludwig Andreas Feuerbach wrote:

"Der Mensch ist, was er ißt."
[Man is what he eats]

Neither Brillat-Savarin or Feuerbach meant their quotations to be taken literally (that would be rather messy). They were stating that that the food one eats has a bearing on one's state of mind and health. Although they coined French and German variants of 'you are what you eat', the phrase didn't migrate into other languages and wasn't used in English until decades later.

盈盈一笑间
2 楼
早安,美坛。谢谢APAD。
盈盈一笑间
3 楼
You are what you eat。呼唤waterfowl水大师,来分享读后感。LOL
盈盈一笑间
4 楼
Be fit and healthy! We need to eat good food.
移花接木
5 楼
T.G.I.F
7grizzly
6 楼
It shows after years of dedication.
移花接木
7 楼
吃啥补啥
卫宁
8 楼
说明洗脑的重要性:))
7grizzly
9 楼
For brain-washing, one is also what he reads :-)
天边一片白云
10 楼
Haha, if taken literally , that would be rather messy.
移花接木
11 楼
少吃猪肉
忒忒绿
12 楼
how about you’re what you breathe:)
忒忒绿
13 楼
吃哪补哪:)
waterfowl
14 楼
昨天吃馄饨 : )
移花接木
15 楼
Do u meaning some1 passing by farting?
盈盈一笑间
16 楼
所以您现在是?haha
盈盈一笑间
17 楼
噗!
相关阅读
证监会对4家企业拟香港上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月12日—2024年1月18日)APAD: You can't go home againAPAD: I am not my brother's keeper.音乐 by 罗伯特·哈斯天有九重,人有五身,相爱的人总会再相见瑞士自由行(一)APAD: Third time lucky一路走来(五)APAD:When life gives you lemons, make lemonade宏观市场 | 2023年三本预算执行率如何?——评2023年12月财政数据感恩节快乐!面试技巧|如何回答Where do you see yourself in 5 years?头像|𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞·招桃花头像鸿发超市「2000 万美元」买下82街前Walmart超市!开设第4家Hông Phát分店!APAD:Fake it till you make itAPAD: The chickens come home to roost.APAD: If the mountain will not come to Mohammed,APAD: Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep and you weep我想和你一起生活APAD: A rose is a rose is a roseAPAD: Keep your chin up.大国过招:美国的烦恼Go fast, go far? Fun facts behind APAD如祺出行、飞天兆业,拟香港/美国上市,备案补充材料要求(2023年10月7日—2023年10月12日)什么是暗物质和暗能量的作用?下面就是暗物质和暗能量的作用APAD: Marry in haste, repent at leisureAPAD: You cannot unread a book :+) ~~~~~~2023年12月8日历史上的今天2023年12月8日医疗晨报感谢东莞侨联聘请我为顾问APAD: Save it for a rainy day.生活琐记:又一个愉悦的秋季周末【冯站长之家】2023年12月8日(周五)三分钟新闻早餐APAD: Absolute power corrupts absolutely讣告!于2023年10月8日逝世!APAD: Snug as a bug in a rug《I Give You Silver, You Give Me Gold》《我给你银,你给我金》APAD: Chinese whispersAPAD: Tell it to the marinesAPAD: The shoemaker's children always go barefoot
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。