Redian新闻
>
APAD: Feed a cold, starve a fever

APAD: Feed a cold, starve a fever

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

"Feed a cold, starve a fever" is an adage or an old wives' tale which attempts to instruct people how to deal with illness. The adage dates to the time of Hippocrates when fever was not well understood. His idea was the fever was the disease, and starving the sick person would starve the disease.

In 1574, John Withals published "Fasting is a great remedie of feuer" in a dictionary. The adage states that eating will help cure a cold; not eating will help cure a fever. In 2002 a small-scale study testing the accuracy of the adage concluded that different foods can provoke an immune system response in patients.

?

最西边的岛上
2 楼
What to do when a cold and fever come together? ;-)
最西边的岛上
3 楼
I believeIn foodRemedy, porridge is theBest 4 me, sick or no
最西边的岛上
4 楼
But ”点赞“ button refuses to work now, cold or fever or both?
移花接木
5 楼
“点赞” button is the most annoying feature of WXC to me
移花接木
6 楼
no scientific proof, so called old wives tales passed from..
移花接木
7 楼
old-time superstition or similar
7grizzly
8 楼
Great to know! I used to fast when under the weather, a
7grizzly
9 楼
Sometimes, 个人实践是检验真理的唯一标准。
CBA7
10 楼
这和以毒攻毒相反。How about: Feed a fever, fight a fever? 哈哈哈。
移花接木
11 楼
by saying scientific it must be statistically true
最西边的岛上
12 楼
annoying or not, it's out of the cold now :-)
盈盈一笑间
13 楼
发烧也要增加营养来增强抵抗力?feel lost now.:)
移花接木
14 楼
发烧时人们会有厌食的生理反应,没准就是身体传达的信号,饿死了就不发烧了,心静自然凉吗
甜虫虫
15 楼
It’s intuitive:)
moonlight7
16 楼
Good to know. I used to starve both a cold and a fever~~
妖妖灵
17 楼
真的假的?明天考试,我正在复习,看到这个说法,把我逗笑了:)“This is what makes chicken
妖妖灵
18 楼
soup a healthy choice for colds and fevers.”
妖妖灵
19 楼
Y?I like it. 忙的时候没有精力跟帖,点赞可以聊表心意
天边一片白云
20 楼
我生病时爱吃酸的,辣的。
相关阅读
APAD:a friend in need is a friend indeed证监会对1家企业拟美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月26日—2024年2月1日)德彪西的音乐图像:引言作别流年Starved of Affection at Home, Teens Seek Out ‘Digital Parents’APAD:Fake it till you make itAPAD: He said, she saidAPAD: Keeping up with the Joneses我的初中(二):安得广厦千万间APAD:Beware of Greeks bearing giftsAPAD: The darkest hour has only 60 minutesAPAD: every Jack has his JillAPAD: I wouldn't give him the time of day.APAD: a watched pot never boils ~~~~市区River North房源RN05 | 不收中介费/包含Streeterville区域/西北芝大Downtown校区给裸根兰花安家,一起新年快乐APAD: Land of Milk and HoneyAPAD: Like death warmed up.【会计师全职Offer】Eastern Accounting & Counsulting会计师录用Offer!|求职战报APAD: You cannot unread a book :+) ~~~~~~关于朱令铊中毒的一点讨论APAD: By hook or by crookAPAD:When life gives you lemons, make lemonade市区River North房源RN02 | 不收中介费/芝加哥唯一拥有360度无敌湖景露台/包含Streeterville区域市区River North房源RN01 | 不收中介费/包含Streeterville区域收到港大本科offer了,今年的offer holder都被con了什么?美股基本面 - 2023_12_31 * 晨报 * 一入江湖岁月催!心中有基本,临危不慌张。新年快乐,来年再战。APAD: Every man has his priceAPAD: Honesty is the best policy.头像|𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞·招桃花头像APAD: Finders keepers, losers weepersAPAD: This land is your land2023虽然过的不尽人意但是也要总结一下!两首《万家灯火》Coles 3月20日-3月26日打折,鱿鱼条、茉莉米、品客上新半价APAD: It's the greatest thing since sliced bread《再见,布里诺斯艾利斯》嫉妒的心灵不美丽Out in the Cold: In Northeast China, a Season of Wild ExtremesAPAD: fight fire with fire
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。