Redian新闻
>
APAD: Actions speak louder than words

APAD: Actions speak louder than words

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)
Meaning
What you do is more important and shows your intentions and feelings more clearly than what you say.
Origin
The origin of the idiom is found in literature and is hundreds of years old. This interesting and meaningful statement was first seen in Gersham Bulkeley’s book Will and Doom, published in 1692: “Actions are more significant than words.” It has been a very popular idiom ever since.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Humans probably are the most talkative ones among all the animals.  We talk for any reason, or no reason at all.  Lots of times, even when we listen, we don't listen to understand but to respond so we can talk more.  But, when we talk too much, not only we may not be able to do what we say, we lose the ability to observe and to better understand each other.

Just as I thought I had talked enough, Hanks, the dog from our next door neighbor started "talking".  Aright, it's his turn now.  
7grizzly
2 楼
To an economist: like your theory but show me your portfolio
移花接木
3 楼
能成为大佬的都是人狠话不多的狠人
CBA7
4 楼
So true!
甜虫虫
5 楼
It's true, actions speak louder than words; however

words can also have a significant impact on people, whether for good or bad. So do use words wisely :)

最西边的岛上
6 楼
haha, the fact is most of theirs don't beat the index ;-)
最西边的岛上
7 楼
是啊,《周易》云:“吉人寡言语,躁人之辞多。” ;-)
最西边的岛上
8 楼
Thx, 小西!
最西边的岛上
9 楼
well said, can't agree more! Thx.
7grizzly
10 楼
Great quote! I'll shorten it to 吉人寡言, 躁人辞多 to help remember.
甜虫虫
11 楼
:)
妖妖灵
12 楼
So,it may appear as“cold hands,warm heart”:)
最西边的岛上
13 楼
Right! Never judge people by their hands' temperature ;-)
移花接木
14 楼
Empty vessels make much noise
瓷善家
15 楼
I second that. An alternative saying: Deeds, not words.
最西边的岛上
16 楼
yes, but no "window-smashing and arson" as by WSPU ;-)
最西边的岛上
17 楼
btw, I just watched Ur "farm-to-table" and liked it. :-)
天边一片白云
18 楼
只有我羡慕别人能说会道吗?
瓷善家
19 楼
Thanks for watching and glad you liked it!
最西边的岛上
20 楼
当然白云,如果能说会道的人同时也都能做的到,那就是难得的全才了哈。不然的话还是比较喜欢靠谱的 ;-)
相关阅读
《星级男人通鉴》第64章 刚强的私信本APAD: An army marches on its stomach我将怎样写小说?(1)APAD: Possession is nine points of the lawAPAD: Only Fools and Horses Work蘇軾滿庭芳Woolworths 4月24日-4月30日打折,三明治鸡肉排、火腿片半价智利海景,初升的月亮【新春对对碰】《Hallelujah》is 《More Than I Can Say》碰云起与法国妹纸我弹的钢琴电影教父主题曲:Speak Softly Love,希望大家喜欢日本日记15: 京都打卡之童话般的古都奈良不要热情过度!黎锦杨家真的来了湖南人Woolworths 3月20日-3月26日打折,梦龙半价,洗碗块4折APAD: Look down your nose#音乐连接你我#美国原住民乐队SIHASIN北京站音乐会,2024年3月25日,周一,20:00鸿发超市「2000 万美元」买下82街前Walmart超市!开设第4家Hông Phát分店!历代文人眼中最佳七律之我见APAD: Patience is a virtue.冰 花 作者 冰花 英译 柳湄Woolworths 3月27日-4月2日打折,珍珠米、油、香肠半价,五花肉$16印度人又在lobby了,不得不服More Than 1 Million Indians Waiting For HighAPAD: It will all come out in the washAPAD: every Jack has his JillAPAD:in for a penny, in for a poundMusk 损失惨重啊啊啊,more than $55 billion的pay package被法官叫停了美股专题:单挑英伟达! 跻身七巨头?AMD还能涨多高?【折扣】Woolworths本周最新打折图表 3月27日--4月2日!!!Coles 3月20日-3月26日打折,鱿鱼条、茉莉米、品客上新半价APAD:With great power comes great responsibilityAPAD: Don't speak ill of the deadAPAD: give the devil his due和娃的一天Woolworths本周最新打折图表1月24日--1月30日!APAD: Put that in your pipe and smoke it2024年3月29-31日吉利根博士线上带领你《让爱回家》:三代人疗愈——父母&伴侣&孩子【星坛春节综艺会】暖场 《More Than I Can Say》, by 云起 / APWoolworths 1月24日-1月30日打折,生抽半价、阿舍风干面打折APAD: By hook or by crookAPAD: It is more blessed to give than to receiveAPAD:Never say mean words out of anger. Happy Easter!
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。