Redian新闻
>
【Reptile】(III) Lizard, Did dinosaurs really extinct?

【Reptile】(III) Lizard, Did dinosaurs really extinct?

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)
               Crocodilians are very ancient species. The earliest crocodilian, meanwhile, evolved around 95 million years ago, in the Late Cretaceous period, coexisted  with dinosaurs. Their appearance always made me relating them to some low to the ground water-dwelling type dinosaurs.  After getting into the lizards' world, at macro scale, seem to me they are the dinosaurs survived from the mass extinction.  Could some survive to date but appear in a humble form - a great variety of lizards? Do you know that snakes are evolved from lizards?  Some snake species still have traces of not completely degraded legs. Most of the lizards have short and round tongues. Chameleons have elongated, extrudable tongues yet not forked. The lizards with a serpent-like forked tongue are the carnivorous ones of a larger size in family Varanidae (Monitors, goannas, Komodo dragon) and Teiidae (Tegus, whiptails, caiman lizards).

1.  Black Roughneck Monitor

2. Black Roughneck Monitor
3. some other monitor is basking, I lost record of its name.
4. Mali Uromastyx 30-46 cm. this guy just looks like a dinosaur to me despite its size
6. Argentine black and white tegu 0.7-1. 2 m
8. Black-throated monitor, 1.2-1.8m up to 2.1m
11. Quince monitor, 1.5m
12. Mertens' water monitor, 1.82m, a strong swimmer, and seldom far from water. It is often seen basking on midstream rocks and logs, and on branches overhanging.
13. Pilbara rock monitor, 30-45cm
15. Common basilisk, 76 cm
16. Central bearded dragon lives up to its name: Like a dragon, it's equipped with armor of spiny reptilian scales, which include a “beard” of spikes under its chin that puffs up depending on its mood. 38-61 cm
18. Asian water monitor. 2-2.5m 22.5kg, up to 3.2m, 45kg, related to Komodo dragon, often mistaken for them. Asian water monitor lizards do secrete venom, however, it is not lethally dangerous or fatal to humans while Komodo dragon bites can be fatal to humans without immediate treatment.
19. Nile monitor,  is Africa's longest lizard, 1.2-1.8 m
20. Nile monitor
21. Ctenosaura, A.K.A  spinytail  iguana 12.5 cm-1 m
23. Green iguna, 1.2 - 2 m, is a large lizard and is probably the largest species in the iguana family

24. .Not very green though, it is still a Green iguna

25. zoom
26. ZOOM, this is a true macro shot with a macro lens, lighting is a challenge for macro photograthy, at high ISO 6400, image quality is compromised

暖冬cool夏
2 楼
Snakes are evolved from lizards. Thxks 4 the info.好在我不怕蜥蜴:)
最西边的岛上
3 楼
They look friendly enough 2me. Not as big&dangerous as 鳄鱼,
最西边的岛上
4 楼
not as cold&scary as snakes. But I still don't want 1 asPet.
最西边的岛上
5 楼
Beautiful photos! But evolution is a weird&funny business.
移花接木
6 楼
you can buy a meal to the ones you like at feeding times.
移花接木
7 楼
I just learned today, snakes don't have pelvis
移花接木
8 楼
像蟒蛇这样的原始物种确实有骨盆带和股骨的退化残留物。
Marauders
9 楼
Ah, the basilisk of Slytherin
妖妖灵
10 楼
Lizards r related with dinosaurs!They look so similar!侏罗纪公园!
妖妖灵
11 楼
3,查到了:是Asian water monitor吗?

Binomial name
Domain: Eukaryota
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Reptilia
Order: Squamata
Family: Varanidae
Genus: Varanus
Subgenus: Soterosaurus
Species: V. salvator
Varanus salvator (Laurenti, 1768)

The Asian water monitor (Varanus salvator) is a large varanid lizard native to South and Southeast Asia. It is one of the most common monitor lizards in Asia, ranging from coastal northeast India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, mainland Southeast Asia, and southern China to Indonesian islands where it lives close to water. It is listed as Least Concern on the IUCN Red List.[1] It was described by Laurenti in 1768 and is among the largest squamates in the world.[2]

Etymology

The generic name Varanus is derived from the Arabic waral (???), which translates as "monitor". The specific name is the Latin word for "saviour", denoting a possible religious connotation.[3] The water monitor is occasionally confused with the crocodile monitor (V. salvadorii) because of their similar scientific names.[4]

Some common names for the species are Malayan water monitor, common water monitor, two-banded monitor, rice lizard, ring lizard, plain lizard, no-mark lizard and water monitor etc.

妖妖灵
12 楼
7. 分岔的舌头拍得好清晰!15Basilisk Does itCauseAnyDeathw/his glance?:)

【一句话翻译答案】及Basilisk和AI的梗 :    来源: 妖妖灵 于 2021-10-09 13:24:17  [档案] [转至博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 40 次 (6867 bytes)  字体:调大/重置/调小 | 加入书签 | 打印 | 所有跟帖 | 加跟贴 |  当前最热讨论主题 | 编辑 | 删除 本文内容已被 [ 妖妖灵 ] 在 2021-10-10 23:05:27 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.  回答: 【一句话翻译】Basilisk 由 妖妖灵 于 2021-10-08 07:48:13

在欧洲的动物寓言和传说中,蛇怪是一种传说中的爬行动物,以蛇王著称,看一眼就会致死。

In European bestiaries and legends, a basilisk is a legendary reptile reputed to be a serpent king, who can cause death with a single glance.     
移花接木
13 楼
我仔细比较了一些网上图片,确实很象,尤其符合空心圆斑特征,也许#18我弄错了,或许两个都是,这是我拍的牌子

看着绿油油的,我把#18当成了它

妖妖灵
14 楼
26. 微距摄影很清晰!如果没有明亮的眼睛,看着很像橘子啊。怎么18也是亚洲水monitor?第一次知道蜥蜴也叫监视器
移花接木
15 楼
We stared to each other for good seconds, I am still here
妖妖灵
16 楼
还有一种可能,会不会他们弄错了:)最典型的就是背部花纹,好像白色梅花一样~
移花接木
17 楼
蜥蜴中似乎除了科摩多巨蜥,似乎没有对人有致命威胁,科莫多龙毒素可造成凝血且唾液含有病毒可造成猎物败血症

Komodo dragon 应该是最大的蜥蜴,体重可接超过90kg

移花接木
18 楼
而且,它看着也确实很象Komodo dragon

移花接木
19 楼
google 搞笑翻译成了水监视器,岩石监视器,
妖妖灵
20 楼
那是很吓人,它叫Komodo dragon,名字就有龙,而且体积庞大,很像dinosaur啊。
移花接木
21 楼
#25的表情尤其象恐龙。或者是没有人见过恐龙,所以恐龙的外观或表情是人通过蜥蜴推演出来的。
妖妖灵
22 楼
LOL。还是你厉害!:)
移花接木
23 楼
看过它狩猎视频,成年的牛被它咬到,它不去追也追不上,能在2公里外追踪味道,等猎物败血症发作死掉,它赶过来进食
妖妖灵
24 楼
这也忒,忒,忒狡诈啦!我家后院的蜥蜴也就手指头那么大,从没和这么大的蜥蜴联系起来。开眼了:)
移花接木
25 楼
But this one has legs, and also too cute
天边一片白云
26 楼
Lizards look cute, not like snakes, scary.
天边一片白云
27 楼
Lizards 长得有些象 dinosaur
相关阅读
原创歌曲《回眸中的守望》【爬行动物】(III) 蜥蜴,恐龙真的灭绝了吗?固定收益 | 【REITs深度观察】估值与基本面的背离——公募REITs2024年5月报中日股市两重天川普为何仍然如此受欢迎华硕 5 月 20 日海外召开 Next Level. AI Incredible. 发布会,推出高端超便携 AI 笔记本【Reptile】(II), 白娘子,美女蛇旅行的尽头是日本30、长篇家庭伦理小说《嫁接》第七章 非法打工 (4)紫檀落伍啦,什么名校,T5,T20,原来秘密在这,哈哈09APAD: "If music be the food of love, play on"2024年3月29-31日吉利根博士线上带领你《让爱回家》:三代人疗愈——父母&伴侣&孩子《我的书法因缘 之六》刚刚,交易所公布最新IPO排队名单(截止到2024年3月25日)​《哭砂》by 罗老罗清华大学:superBench大模型综合能力评测报告(2024年3月)【怀念巨星】抢跑,《唐诗新唱》王之涣《凉州词》及《登鹳雀楼》也说说Squatter's Rights,所谓的'非法移民合法占领美国’小魏上当了,他和叛徒那段戏演得很好,急死我了,王一博演出了单纯没有经验的神态AI护理来了?“工资”每小时9刀(链接)长篇奇幻浪漫小说《双灵星》第十六章:戏中面对面 (一)#音乐连接你我#美国原住民乐队SIHASIN北京站音乐会,2024年3月25日,周一,20:00不懂就问,SPAXX这种money market fund是有0.42%的费用吗?这个跟CD比有啥优势?绿色金融 | 2024政府工作报告:大力发展绿色低碳经济——绿色金融月报(2024年3月)家庭收入350k的能拿到FA吗?学Alevel前怎么没人告诉我,这几门学科难度在next next level!?固定收益 | 【REITs深度观察】产权型REITs承压下跌,四季度运营边际走弱——(公募REITs2024年2月报)小中现在进名校只有一条捷径就是私校早申。公校早申也没啥用,不在人家关注的池子里。私校不早申等于放弃优先权英雄难过美人关痛,则不通!通,则不痛!驱赶了一个房客,然后做翻新再回首 (二十六)In Sichuan, Influencers Jailed for Exploiting Rural Hardship【邂逅】《阴阳鱼》连载第6章:时间如刀,空间如砧板,而你我都不过是鱼肉【雪】两首 中英文诗How Much Do I Really Need to Retire?向 Jasmin Paris 致敬! 今天的99秒将载入史册。。。。(明天俺去搞个大的,爬两座山!)【Reptile】(I), croc and gator
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。