Redian新闻
>
APAD: A cat may look at a king

APAD: A cat may look at a king

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

A cat may look at a king

A purported inferior has certain rights or prerogatives, even in the presence of a purported superior.

A cat may look at a king is an English proverb that means even someone of low status has rights. A cat may look at a king implies that all people have certain minimal rights by virtue of being alive. Like many proverbs, the origin is unknown.

妖妖灵
2 楼
差点以为老虎不在家,猴子称霸王~法律面前,人人平等。是这个意思吗?
移花接木
3 楼
不是平等的意思,是说虽然底层没有高层的同等权利,但也有自己的底限上的权力
盈盈一笑间
4 楼
猫权宣言
7grizzly
5 楼
Here cats drag kings through the mud.
最西边的岛上
6 楼
Agree. That should be for all living beings including trees
最西边的岛上
7 楼
and plants, even they can't see, they can hear and feel.
最西边的岛上
8 楼
I know that by fact. ;-)
移花接木
9 楼
King:你瞅啥? 猫:就瞅你,瞅你咋地啦?
移花接木
10 楼
mind to share? I long to hear anything from nature
7grizzly
11 楼
cat: Informal, Chiefly N. Amer. a person, especially a man.
最西边的岛上
12 楼
Okay, here is the story:

When I worked in Ottawa, the company had multiple green plants on each floor.  One day I passed by a meeting room and noticed the plant outside the door was dying.  I love plants and always have some at home, so I felt very sorry for it.  

I found the gardener and asked him if I could take care of it.  I took it back to my cube and not long afterwards, there were new leaves shot up and the plant came back to life and started to grow along the walls of my cube.  The co-workers passing by said the plant must like the sound of my voice.

But one day, a new gardener took the plant away during the night.  I couldn't say anything as it was the company's property.  I went and searched everywhere and found it outside another meeting room on another floor.  I kept checking every week, and saw it started dying again a few weeks later. I begged the new gardener to let me take care of it again.  This process repeated one more time,  until I found the manager of the office and showed him the dying plant.  He listened and then put a sticker on the pot, and said it is yours now.  

The plant happily lived in my cube for three more years until I left the company.  I wanted to but couldn't take it with me, as the new company I was going to join was the competitor and I didn't want any issue.  

I don't know what happened afterwards with the plant, but I know in my heart it was very much alive and happy when it was with me.  

移花接木
13 楼
vivid live story. 颇有聊斋的感觉了
最西边的岛上
14 楼
是啊。觉得大自然里有很多我们现在不能理解的事情,但不理解不等于不存在。生命是灰常奇妙的东东 。。。
移花接木
15 楼
7g那天的APAD,让我琢磨半天,为什么我会感觉我? 如果我们父母不相认,我这个我会不会不存在或者以另一副面孔存在?
7grizzly
16 楼
Encore! We want more like this!
7grizzly
17 楼
Sure, you may live like Oliver Twist :-))
盈盈一笑间
18 楼
绿!手!指 !
盈盈一笑间
19 楼
喵!喵!喵!~ ~
7grizzly
20 楼
Stories like this could confuse AI :-)))
最西边的岛上
21 楼
那你肯定不会存在,但肯定会有另一个“花移木接”存在。:-)
最西边的岛上
22 楼
A machine fully understand living beings? No. Power is what
最西边的岛上
23 楼
they R after.
最西边的岛上
24 楼
or a green voice? ;-)
天边一片白云
25 楼
wow. You really love plants very much.
最西边的岛上
26 楼
I love your 烤鸭 very much too ;-)
妖妖灵
27 楼
哇,it is miraculous! May I listen to ur voice?:)
妖妖灵
28 楼
哪句APAD?
移花接木
29 楼
别听完了,你长出绿叶了,然后又要开花
godog
30 楼
The implication is not obvious. Actually hard to connect.
最西边的岛上
31 楼
okay, here it comes: me talking to Maowi

唐歌
32 楼
这不就是那句著名的“风能进,雨能进,国王不能进”么~~
移花接木
33 楼
there were rules inferiors had2 bend heads down at
移花接木
34 楼
presence of superior, cat being the lowest among inferiors
妖妖灵
35 楼
哈哈,真可爱的喵咪:)
妖妖灵
36 楼
哈哈哈,好,那就变成天堂鸟花,确实像仙鹤,你看着不像,是我照的角度不好:)
移花接木
37 楼
第一次听说这句,意义还一时还理解不了
移花接木
38 楼
mice kings?
相关阅读
柴静谈高耀洁:对历史说真话,才能对现实说真话提前花的【花样女神节 】 花朦胧夜朦胧 之 ※ 月朦胧鸟朦胧 ※【年少多梦】画[年少梦多]和女儿真诚的对话【移民美国】2024年3月移民排期表解析(含亲属移民)被波加查激励的早晨,和爱美丽逛街APAD: In the country of the blind, the one上海住了20天,街上到处是小鹏,理想,比亚迪,tesla被这些电车群殴好可怜。这就是骗西人来投资的结果。Prom Queen/King 怎么选出来的?下雪APAD: Look down your nose2024年3月最新移民排期发布:职业移民停滞且表B关停!APAD: Curiosity killed the cat, but老烟记事(397) 天上掉馅饼APAD: when the cat's away【广州美国中心活动】RELO English Teaching Seminar,3月30日,星期六,早上9:30-12:00鸿发超市「2000 万美元」买下82街前Walmart超市!开设第4家Hông Phát分店!星舰差一点就百分百的成功了, 差了一点。 Starship may have broken apart马拉松与跑步趣闻(2)paycheck 扣同样数量,ESPP 和 后门Roth 选择哪一个?2024年2月3日星期六RELO北京英语教学研讨会2024年3月29-31日吉利根博士线上带领你《让爱回家》:三代人疗愈——父母&伴侣&孩子新式大学排名绿色金融 | 2024政府工作报告:大力发展绿色低碳经济——绿色金融月报(2024年3月)临终十日(五)2024年3月21-24日广州蔡敏莉导师九型人格训练:谁在制约你?提前花的【花样女神节】花愿七绝 无题2023年的海外华人自媒体人群(2)长篇小说《太门西》连载25:第9章:雨打梧桐(1)Ava Gardner suffered from the bad choices【年少多梦】还乡不衣锦劳柯|我们家猫猫#音乐连接你我#美国原住民乐队SIHASIN北京站音乐会,2024年3月25日,周一,20:002023 微博之夜 King 朱一龙 Queen 杨紫乐高集团正式发布2024年3月乐高幻影忍者、哈利·波特、创意百变(3合1)系列等10款新品达妹的new look:胸部有些塌,不过显然没有人工填充物,但若想走欧系文艺路线,建议去略微缩小罩杯新春佳节之际,上来得瑟一下俺的Burger King【Poem Reading Tuesday】I look at the world by Langston Hughes【年少多梦】最美的梦
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。