>
【一句话翻译】以色列情报工作失败的原因找到了

【一句话翻译】以色列情报工作失败的原因找到了

godog
楼主 (文学城)

【汉译英 Chinese to English】

CNN - 根据与数十名现任和前任情报、军事和国会官员的对话,美国官员和立法者一致认为,以色列未能预测哈马斯从加沙发起的袭击主要是由于缺乏想象力。

Notes:

I found this news fascinating. I knew imagination is a catalyst for arts such as writing stories, songs, poems, designing fashions and architecture, etc., but I never thought it's also critical for intelligence work. A lack of it in intelligence analysis could be so deadly.

godog
2 楼
Happy Friday! 欢迎大家在本主帖下跟帖写作业。
godog
3 楼
Don't freak out, Ying Ying is still our speaker,

I just help her organize this one activity. I didn't take her down, and Rep. Gatez isn't around.:)

盈盈一笑间
4 楼
Happy Friday! 谢谢G 兄主持周五的一句话翻译。辛苦了!:)欢迎小伙伴们来写作业~~
盈盈一笑间
5 楼
美坛是大家的,活动也是大家的。谢谢G兄!欢迎大家报名轮流主持活动!:))
盈盈一笑间
6 楼
占位点赞!等忙完了来写作业。:))
godog
7 楼
I'll post a reference answer later today inside here
盈盈一笑间
8 楼
Sounds perfect! Thank you so much ~~
唐宋韵
9 楼
抛砖引玉 ——

Based on conversations with dozens of current and former officers of intelligence,  military and congress, US officials and lawmakers unanimously believe that Israel’s failure in anticipating attacks by Hamas from Gaza is primarily due to its lack of insight.

盈盈一笑间
10 楼
好棒!lack of insight. 用的好!学习了!

唐宋韵
11 楼
谢谢。但 insight 是不是真比 imagination 好,我不敢讲。
方外居士
12 楼
Have a try

CNN - According to a dialog with tens of current and former officer of intelligence, military and congressmen, US officers and legislators all agreed that lack of imagination is the reason why Israel failed to predict the attack by Hamas from Gaza.

盈盈一笑间
13 楼
英文流畅,清晰!学习了。:))
godog
14 楼
Excellent translation! Imagination was used in the original
godog
15 楼
An accurate and smooth translation! Dozens is normally used

to describe quantities in a few tens of.

方外居士
16 楼
Thanks a lot for pointing out!
唐宋韵
17 楼
Thanks for your encouragement.
忒忒绿
18 楼
Lack of imagination,what a satire:)
唐宋韵
19 楼
俺把这三个词中译成 “没想到”,而不是 “缺乏想象力”。给他们一点面子,呵呵。
忒忒绿
20 楼
光居安了,没思危
godog
21 楼
参考译文已加,也加到了原主帖里
盈盈一笑间
22 楼
交作业:

Per the conversation with a dozen of current and former intelligence agent,military and congressional officials, U.S. officials and legislators agreed that the lack of imagination is the reason why Israel failed to predict Hamas attacks from Gaza.
盈盈一笑间
23 楼
多谢!辛苦了。
盈盈一笑间
24 楼
对以色列军方来说,是一个讽刺。嗯,太居安了,缺少忧患意识
天边一片白云
25 楼
谢谢。先交作业,再学习。
godog
26 楼
You completed your homework with high marks:))

Conversation is better with a plural because there were multiple discussions. A dozen could be replaced with dozens to match 数十, but overall a job well done 

godog
27 楼
Wow you did the assignment excellently, and some extra work.

You're given bonus points:)). You even translated my comments. Great job! Thanks a lot for your participation.

盈盈一笑间
28 楼
多谢批改作业,记下了!:)
盈盈一笑间
29 楼
赞认真,让人欣赏!太棒了!
相关阅读
《唐宋韵》44.《约客》赵师秀 (Appointment by Zhao Shixiu)GU胶 名字的意思【上海美国中心活动】福布斯兄弟与早期中国贸易的故事系列线上讲座,11月3日,11月10日,11月17日19:00【一句话翻译】中译英,参考答案 09.22.2023.战报!以色列总理宣布。开战仅24小时,已全歼“入侵者”!以色列号称拥有核武器袖珍军事超级大国,5次中东战争!以色列从未战败过!悠闲的劳工节 - 逛 mall,outlet, & trader joes生活啊,我该如何打开你以色列军方发布视频,证明音乐节屠杀以色列平民的是以色列军队近期诗坛以秋与乡愁为题之唱和吉林延吉一民警卖菜时枪支被偷,嫌犯潜逃外省落网【冯站长说安全】2023年11月3日能看见孩子的银行账号还是好啊以色列情报部长最终得出结论:伊朗对哈马斯袭击以色列负有责任乌鸦喝水的故事是一个爱情故事【一句话翻译】用非母语写作的英语作家香椿鸡蛋发面饼--不用揉,不用擀,趁热吃外酥内软,凉着吃,同样松软,香椿味更浓。(视频+图文)2023年11月3日(周五)冯站长之家三分钟晚间新闻Elle 风尚大典,众多明星走红毯,这次女星最多2023年11月3日-5日林文采心理营养亲子关系工作坊:育儿不费爹妈的秘诀!聊点科学(2)——宇宙起源【一句话翻译】There's Safety in Numbers蓝色的蒙古高原【一句话翻译】To Kill a Mockingbird. 杀死一只知更鸟JCMEA2023年12月【医疗翻译 / 医美翻译】两大课程招生!笑坛传奇之三十九:千万不要在牙医面前吹牛逼向来强大的以色列情报体系,到底怎么了?哎呀妈呀,你们都给我整不会了。。。。【杠精开发课程】好久来一题流體智力跟晶體智力的轉變人生很痛苦就是已經到了瓶頸無法再更進一步????红色日记 逍遥派 5.1-20华文教育席卷全球请教大家:本人国内工商银行的钱转回美国的chase银行当心!!!银行偷偷减低了我的CD 利息 APY淹房子的事更新。也听听大家觉得怎么处理好。大将粟裕,军旅生涯中,最为重要的三位搭档是谁刚才吃了一整条茅台,没想到这么甜【一句话翻译】报应是谁?谁是报应?【一句话翻译】Do not poke the bear. 不要去戳熊乌鸦喝水,其实是一个很悲伤的故事Optus客户对200GB赔偿感到愤怒,这次网络问题的原因找到了!时光里的答案(九十七)
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。