>
【一句话翻译】To Kill a Mockingbird. 杀死一只知更鸟

【一句话翻译】To Kill a Mockingbird. 杀死一只知更鸟

godog
楼主 (文学城)

【汉译英 Chinese to English】

先生们,法庭并不比坐在我面前的陪审团中的每个人更好,法庭只是与其陪审团一样健全,而陪审团只是与组成它的人一样健全。

Notes:

(1) This sentence was copied from Harper Lees's novel To Kill a Mockingbird. It's what the story's narrator Scout's father Atticus, a lawyer, said to the jury.

(2) The novel, a coming-of-age story, is regarded as a masterpiece of American literature.

(3) It's Harper Lee's only published book during her lifetime except Go Set a Watchman was published just a few months before her death. Some suspect she was tricked by her lawyer to agree on the publication of Go Set a Watchman because she was too old to understand the decision.

(4) The novel remains a bestseller, with more than 40 million copies in print.

(5) The novel was often chosen by many high school English teachers for required reading.

godog
2 楼
Happy Friday! 欢迎大家在本主帖下跟帖写作业。
盈盈一笑间
3 楼
Happy Friday! 谢谢G兄主持一句话翻译。
盈盈一笑间
4 楼
杀死一只知更鸟,名著呀,G兄是爱读书之人!对了,关于各种风格流派的现代诗大师的作品,欢迎在美坛单独开贴分享。
盈盈一笑间
5 楼
占位写作业:

Gentle men, the court is not better than everyone on the jury who are sitting in front of me. 

The court is just as sound as the jury, and the jury is just as sound as people comprising it.

暖冬cool夏
6 楼
女儿高中的必读书目之一,家中有一本。待会有空来试试!刚刚欣赏了Go兄的前一篇佳作!
卫宁
7 楼
交作业

Gentleman, the court is not better than everyone on the jury that sits in front of me, the court is just as robust as the jury, and the jury is just the same as everyone on it.

天边一片白云
8 楼
交作业。谢谢主持和介绍名著。

Gentlemen, the court is not better than anyone in the jury who stands in front of me.

The court is just  as sound as the jury and the Jury is just as sound as each of the person who comprises  the jury.

7grizzly
9 楼
Just to make sure future generations make no mistake as
7grizzly
10 楼
to the cause of distinction of that innocent bird.
godog
11 楼
Thanks for being the first one turning in the homework:)

You'll get bonus points for doing that.:) I don't see a flaw in your translation. Maybe the last part of the sentence could also use 'as robust as', but I'm not sure if that's better than what you got.

godog
12 楼
Thanks for for participating. Excellent translation.

A jury usually sits in the court, so 'stands' is bettered replaced by 'sits'.

godog
13 楼
Are you a mockingjay?:)
7grizzly
14 楼
MJs are already gone. Can't find 'em even in the dictionary.
相关阅读
【一句话翻译】以色列情报工作失败的原因找到了【一句话翻译】A ‘living skin’ is protecting the Great Wall of China【冯站长之家】2023年12月8日(周五)三分钟新闻早餐2023年12月8日历史上的今天【一句话翻译】Do not poke the bear. 不要去戳熊笑坛传奇之四十二:旧时王谢堂前燕,飞入中坛百姓家[评测]ASRock AMD Radeon RX 7700 XT Challenger 12GB OC 评测【文档翻译】医学文献王新功能介绍我想和你一起生活瑞士自由行(一)Brunello Cucinelli和Tapestry领跑,华丽志奢侈品指数两连涨收官!【华丽志奢侈品股票月报】2023年12月【一句话翻译】Portland teacher found Boeing door plug in backyard小娴,伤痛《夜机》(2)讣告!于2023年10月8日逝世!JCMEA2023年12月【医疗翻译 / 医美翻译】两大课程招生!大国过招:美国的烦恼我们的一年(23)蒋小诗的野餐桌【唱坛好声音】为八仙门“音你精彩”音乐会暖场~【花田错+心中的日月live】,come on in!【一句话翻译】Golden Gate Bridge puts up net for suicide deterrents当年有朋友拉我去加州。。定投, 股指, 美国国运。神秘的卡纳克神庙【一句话翻译】用非母语写作的英语作家最近, 无意中尝试一种的饮食方法, 煮排骨+煮蔬菜, 无调味品史前文明灭绝的原因终于猜到了硅谷居室, 请教一下生活琐记:又一个愉悦的秋季周末后院杂片感恩节快乐!【一句话翻译】施瓦辛格因未申报昂贵手表而在慕尼黑机场被扣留如祺出行、飞天兆业,拟香港/美国上市,备案补充材料要求(2023年10月7日—2023年10月12日)你们说,陈立(任重)到底是几个意思啊,宏观市场 | 2023年三本预算执行率如何?——评2023年12月财政数据2023年12月8日医疗晨报感谢东莞侨联聘请我为顾问意大利研读美食的一年(115)瓦格纳的拜罗伊特我十六年前入市天有九重,人有五身,相爱的人总会再相见【一句话翻译】汉语里幽默一词的由来【一句话翻译】报应是谁?谁是报应?
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。