Redian新闻
>
【一句话翻译】Portland teacher found Boeing door plug in backyard

【一句话翻译】Portland teacher found Boeing door plug in backyard

godog
楼主 (文学城)

【汉译英 Chinese to English】

发现了那架波音 737 Max 9 在飞行中掉落的门塞的波特兰科学老师Bob Sauer认为他后院的树木可能帮助保存了证据,“树木像安全气囊一样阻止坠落,所以它没有猛烈撞击地面。”

Notes: (Oregon Public Broadcasting)

(1) Sauer heard about the incident Friday. But didn't check his garden until Sunday, after a friend told him a cell phone from the flight had been found on a nearby street.

(2) “I think it's pretty likely that it would have come at least through the roof. Or made a big dent in my car,” Sauer said. “So I'm really glad it landed where it did.”

(3) After finding the door, Sauer called the National Transportation Safety Board. Sauer burst into the news Sunday evening, when NTSB chair Jennifer Homendy told reporters the door plug had been found by “Bob,” a Portland teacher. Sauer said it was enough information that he almost immediately began getting emails from as far afield as Australia.

(4) By the time he got to school Monday morning, everyone had questions. "I've been mobbed by colleagues and students since I got here,” he laughed. He said he spent the first 15 minutes of his class talking about it, “but students were more interested in the event than the science surrounding it.”

(5) He was intrigued to see the door plug's serial number and other manufacturing details apparently handwritten on the door in permanent marker. "That's an interesting way of doing inventory control,” he said.

godog
2 楼
Happy Friday! 欢迎大家在本主帖下跟帖写作业。
移花接木
3 楼
Does 'finder keeper, loser weeper' apply this time?
盈盈一笑间
4 楼
Happy Friday! 正翘首以待一句话翻译呢。谢谢G兄如约主持,辛苦了!!:))
永远老李
5 楼
哈哈
盈盈一笑间
6 楼
Does Frederick Seidel's Snow apply to you this time?
盈盈一笑间
7 楼
You read APAD and melt it and drink it.
godog
8 楼
My pleasure
盈盈一笑间
9 楼
APAD stays in your blood.
godog
10 楼
For exchange, I'd ask 10 grands for re-landscaping my backya
盈盈一笑间
11 楼
APAD floods your mind and never goes.
盈盈一笑间
12 楼
Hahaha
godog
13 楼
Planting more trees to protect my house with their canopes:)
盈盈一笑间
14 楼
在G兄的主持下,一句话翻译,从平面化走向立体化,可看见画面,听见声音。越来越生动有趣了!棒!
永远老李
15 楼
这房主应该事先悄悄给波音打电话“给我20GRANDS,我把这舱门给埋起来。OR。。。”
移花接木
16 楼
U never know what's coming down next time, landing gears or
移花接木
17 楼
or meat pie?
盈盈一笑间
18 楼
哈哈
CBA7
19 楼
谢谢Go兄好分享,Happy Friday!
永远老李
20 楼
后院掉下来一个肉饼,哈哈
妖妖灵
21 楼
Like the Youtube! Concise!
妖妖灵
22 楼
Yes!A proverb is a proverb!
妖妖灵
23 楼
哈哈,it is so scary as it might have hurt someone!
CBA7
24 楼
Hahha, 盈盈,you're citing my little poem here :)
盈盈一笑间
25 楼
Yup! 你的这首诗写得挺好。我引用在这里到位不?hahaha
妖妖灵
26 楼
活学活用的典范!哈哈
盈盈一笑间
27 楼
哈哈
盈盈一笑间
28 楼
Agree!加入YouTube 背景介绍,还有G兄每次写的notes 都是非常好的学习资料。:)
最西边的岛上
29 楼
哈哈哈哈
CBA7
30 楼
Great! Thanks for citing it.
CBA7
31 楼
同赞盈盈活学活用!
妖妖灵
32 楼
交作业:

发现了那架波音 737 Max 9 在飞行中掉落的门塞的波特兰科学老师Bob Sauer认为他后院的树木可能帮助保存了证据,“树木像安全气囊一样阻止坠落,所以它没有猛烈撞击地面。”

The Porland science teacher Bob Sauer,who found the door plug that blew out of Boeing Max 9 during the flight thought his trees in his backyard might help save the data,“The trees acted like an airbag and made for a longer fall and a lower force,so the door was not damaged by the fall. ”

妖妖灵
33 楼
The best way to express appreciation is to do HW.:)
godog
34 楼
查过了,没有航班的机上菜单里有馅饼,不然可以等着天上掉馅饼呢:))
godog
35 楼
Thanks for turning in an excellent homework!

"data" is better replaced with "evidence", for “证据”。For the sentence inside the quotation mark, you deviated and expanded a little from its original meaning, maybe did it intentionally.

godog
36 楼
看到了,很好,谢谢提醒
盈盈一笑间
37 楼
交作业:

Portland science teacher Bob Sauer, who found the Boeing 737 Max 9  door plug falling during the flight, believes the trees in his backyard probably helped preserve evidence. "the trees  like the airbag prevented door plug from falling hard , so it did not slam into the ground", he said.

盈盈一笑间
38 楼
棒!blew out of,学习了
暖冬cool夏
39 楼
交作业。 谢Go兄!周末快乐!

A Poland scientist teacher Bog Sauer, who found the dropped door plug from Boeing 737 Max 9 during its flight, thinks that the trees at his backyard may have helped preserve the evidence. “Trees are like safety airbags that stopped the plummet of the plane from hitting the ground hard. “

相关阅读
【一句话翻译】施瓦辛格因未申报昂贵手表而在慕尼黑机场被扣留CMU, GIT& Boeing EVP, CEO of Defense, Space, DEI【会计师全职Offer】Eastern Accounting & Counsulting会计师录用Offer!|求职战报【一句话翻译】Golden Gate Bridge puts up net for suicide deterrents北京素描: 咱們大雅寶— 致黃永玉先生In Northeast China, Tourists From the South Spark a Winter BoomMega Back Door Roth 这篇帖子来龙去脉讲得非常清楚,跟大家分享【一句话翻译】绿皮火车又支棱起来了【一句话翻译】用非母语写作的英语作家【一句话翻译】To Kill a Mockingbird. 杀死一只知更鸟美国驻华签证官自曝:旅游签证被拒的真正原因,与面谈说的话无关...经济到底咋回事【一句话翻译】Princess Kate apologized for editing a family photo法国斯特拉斯堡(Strasbourg),街头随拍The Contemporary Artist Using Crosses to Push Boundaries北京素描: 故事會红色日记 三中全会 7.21-31北京素描: 琴聲【一句话翻译】汉语里幽默一词的由来北京素描: 抽煙PLUS福利购丨1月23日,Swisse健康年货满399元减60元!50元E卡不限量送,PLUS会员满件加赠PLUS年卡!再问一下back door【一句话翻译】康纳德:第一位用非母语英文写作的大师童年故事(2):幼儿园、妹妹和外婆家证监会对6家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月19日—2024年1月25日)hé bàng?hé bèng?【一句话翻译】A ‘living skin’ is protecting the Great Wall of ChinaBest door bell camera with LONGEST battery life【一句话翻译】用非母语英文写作非常成功的美籍华裔作家哈金(Ha Jin)接着米总的back door Roth IRA 讨论,我刚出校门开始工作时,工资不高,证监会对1家企业拟美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月26日—2024年2月1日)【一句话翻译】传奇商人宗庆后张郎郎:孙维世的故事The Shanghai Temple Offering Noodles for the Soul【一句话翻译】Clark broke NCAA basketball all time scoring record请问我现有的tradition IRA里是税前的钱,是否可以新开一个用来专做Back door roth?China Looks forward to Jointly Creating Shining “South Moment”今天的午餐茶香熏鸭 - 骨酥肉烂,不油腻,简单易做,零失败White Hat, Black Hat: Bringing Hackers Out of the Shadows
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。