Redian新闻
>
The Day after Memorial Day

The Day after Memorial Day

renqiulan
楼主 (文学城)

Yesterday was Memorial Day. Today is still Memorial Day, and so will be tomorrow. Memorial is about remembering, not about forgetting.

Unforgettable is a Western classic titled High Noon which I streamed for the first time one Memorial Day. In this black-and-white movie, a lone lawman took on four bloodthirsty outlaws. The townspeople had already scurried back to their homes. His new bride urged him to leave for a better place with her. He stayed put, however, bracing for death rather than cowardice. For honor he had to fight the gang head-on. For love his woman came to his rescue at the very last minute. When the gun smoke cleared, love won. 

The moral of the story? You need to hold your ground. You need to fight dirty in order to get a clean shot at the oncoming evil. This is your High Noon moment.  

This may also be America's High Noon moment, if and when the sole superpower suddenly finds itself standing alone, with a world order to keep and a national honor to defend. That will define the ultimate measure of Americans.

According to Martin Luther King, Jr., "the ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Author: renqiulan

shuier
2 楼
Bravo! A tour de force. You are my Gary Cooper.
lovecat08
3 楼
黑白老电影,也算掏宝老古董啊!
renqiulan
4 楼
Thanks! Just a pop quiz. Who was Gary Cooper?
shuier
5 楼
I am Googling!
renqiulan
6 楼
Take your time. Hahahaha....
renqiulan
7 楼
谢谢猫姐!对呀。仿古董电影呢?名曰:neo-noir. 法文:新黑(白)电影。西方人要彰显文化修养,例必说些法文。
lovecat08
8 楼
我在德国的时候,看的西部片,都是说德文的,尤其是说脏话时,笑死人了。
lovecat08
9 楼
你懂法文?
renqiulan
10 楼
个人极厌恶粗言穢语。现在看电影,当然无法避免。High Noon 里没有半句脏话。阿弥陀佛!
renqiulan
11 楼
跟德文一样,中学程度而已。
lovecat08
12 楼
记得是:约翰维恩的美国西部片!哈!
renqiulan
13 楼
John Wayne?
renqiulan
14 楼
香港人译作“尊荣”。荣,广东话读作 wing, 跟 Wayne 相近。
lovecat08
15 楼
对啊!他的黑白西部片子,德国人很爱看的。
renqiulan
16 楼
德国人是聰明的,儘管背负着历史包袱。
寒苇
17 楼
"You need to hold your ground." I like it.
shuier
18 楼
I can't agree with you more.
寒苇
19 楼
Thanks.I haven't seen one post about Memorial Day until now.
shuier
20 楼
"A memorial is about remembering..." Well said.
renqiulan
21 楼
Ladies, I appreciate your positive comments. Goodnight!
shuier
22 楼
You sound like my nanny, Mister!
寒苇
23 楼
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
花似鹿葱
24 楼
早安小R!读你的文已经早晨,但对战争的反省,永远不应该缺席!
颤音
25 楼
need warriors like him
相关阅读
力量训练打卡 Day 7堵!堵!堵!memorial day长周末,4000万人在路上(求教)Roth IRA conversion (after recharacterization)2023年5月30日价格早报普通人做完两次皮秒before/after,求版主打赏。人性中的良、善被撒裂了,在滴血。飞欧洲的机票、欧洲旅馆,memorial day会有好的折扣吗人老了,要学会自己照顾自己!力量训练打卡 Day 3 — 推妈表A酸 before and after力量训练打卡 Day 2today is a long day力量训练打卡 Day 52023年5月30日物联网新闻2023年5月30日历史上的今天死刑!吴谢宇弑母案二审维持原判【冯站长说安全】2023年5月30日癸卯花见(古詩詞英譯) 早梅 - (明)道源请问:9P: Payment after charge off/collection 是被追债公司追债后付清了?里尔克诗译:秋日对美中建交贡献重大的老海归Do you need to Retorque the lug nuts after tire change?《神秘花园》&《Love Me Tender》【冯站长之家】2023年5月30日(周二)三分钟新闻早餐力量训练打卡 Day 8 — — —姚黄魏紫次第开天梯/I wont last a day without you 送仙妈力量训练打卡 Day 4 — 葱花儿算花儿吗?卖房软装布置Staging 前后对比 Before and After5月30日就涨价!美国签证费支付服务将于2023年5月29日暂停!5月29日支付服务暂停,于30日恢复!美国签证集体涨价!5月30日起,申请美签将多花近200元!一个tenure的故事马英九迈富时、第四范式、米高化工、耐看娱乐、武汉有机5家港IPO上市备案补充材料要求(2023年5月12日—2023年5月18日)是可忍孰不可忍:Who is really after your kids?電視劇《永恆的愛》– 台詞節譯力量训练打卡 Day 11力量训练 Day 6 鸟语花香中躺平休息的一天2023年5月30日医疗晨报苏珊米勒每日运势2023年5月30日
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。