Redian新闻
>
午睡利脑证实了,英国学者:A daytime nap is good for the brain

午睡利脑证实了,英国学者:A daytime nap is good for the brain

Embabyblue
楼主 (北美华人网)
A daytime nap is good for the brain https://www.bbc.com/news/health-65950168
By James Gallagher Health and science correspondent Regularly finding time for a little snooze is good for our brain and helps keep it bigger for longer, say University College London researchers. The team showed nappers' brains were 15 cubic centimetres (0.9 cubic inches) larger - equivalent to delaying ageing by between three and six years. However, the scientists recommend keeping naps to less than half an hour. But they said a daytime sleep was hard in many careers, with work culture often frowning on the practice. "We are suggesting that everybody could potentially experience some benefit from napping," Dr Victoria Garfield told me. She described the findings as "quite novel and quite exciting". Napping has been shown to be critical for development when we are babies, becomes less common as we age and then goes through a resurgence in popularity after retirement, with 27% of people over 65 reporting having a daytime nap. Dr Garfield says advice to nap is "something quite easy" to do in comparison to weight loss or exercise which are "difficult for a lot of people". The brain naturally shrinks with age, but whether naps could help prevent diseases like Alzheimer's will still need extra research. Overall brain health is important for protecting against dementia and the condition is linked to disturbed sleep. The researchers suggest poor sleep is damaging the brain over time by causing inflammation and affecting the connections between brain cells. "Thus, regular napping could protect against neurodegeneration by compensating for deficient sleep," researcher Valentina Paz said. However, Dr Garfield is not about to find a comfy spot to snooze at work and prefers other ways of looking after her brain. "Honestly, I would rather spend 30 minutes exercising than napping, I'll probably try and recommend that my mum does it."
How to find the answer? Studying napping can be a challenge. Napping might boost health, but the reverse is also true as your health can leave you so tired you need to nap more. So the researchers used a clever technique to prove that napping is beneficial. They used a gigantic natural experiment based on the DNA - the genetic code - with which we are born. Previous studies have identified 97 snippets of our DNA that either make us more likely to be nappers or to power through the day. So the team took data from 35,000 people, aged 40 to 69, taking part in the UK Biobank project and simply compared those genetic "nappers" and "non-nappers". The results, published in the journal Sleep Health, showed a 15 cubic centimetre difference - equivalent to 2.6 to 6.5 years of ageing. Total brain volumes were about 1,480 cubic centimetres in the study. "I enjoy short naps on the weekends and this study has convinced me that I shouldn't feel lazy napping, it may even be protecting my brain," Prof Tara Spires-Jones, from the University of Edinburgh and the president of the British Neuroscience Association, told me. She said the "interesting" findings study showed a "small but significant increase in brain volume" and "adds to the data indicating that sleep is important for brain health". The researchers did not directly study having a big sleep in the middle of the day, but said the science pointed towards a cut off of half an hour.
888panda777
2 楼
这还用说吗?关徤是能不能睡着?!
Silverwing
3 楼
任何时候nap 都有助于brain
Embabyblue
4 楼
这还用说吗?关徤是能不能睡着?!
888panda777 发表于 2023-06-20 15:28

困的时候,一般都能睡着,尤其是中午吃点油腻的。
merryever
5 楼
回复 2楼888panda777的帖子
好的习惯
BanjoPie
6 楼
万恶的资本主义把午睡权给剥夺了
majia648
7 楼
真佩服能随时睡着的…我从小就最恨老师逼家长逼午睡。不困怎么睡?简直惨死了还要装睡。 除了早起很困是一天最想睡觉的时候,其他时候都生龙活虎越晚越精神。感觉我没救了
lianqiao
8 楼
真佩服能随时睡着的…我从小就最恨老师逼家长逼午睡。不困怎么睡?简直惨死了还要装睡。 除了早起很困是一天最想睡觉的时候,其他时候都生龙活虎越晚越精神。感觉我没救了
majia648 发表于 2023-06-20 15:36

我在幼儿园的时候,中午都是躺在床上自己玩,一年能睡着个两三次。只好不闹老师不会管。小学一般中午就看书,爸妈都睡着。但是夏天天气热,我们那里是早晚活动,早上五点起晚上11点以后才睡觉,中午就会睡一下。高中中午在宿舍就躺一下睡10分钟。大学开始就彻底不午睡了,只有生病了白天才会睡觉,不然白天nap醒了以后会觉得很恶心。
mountainside
9 楼
我记得有研究说白天睡觉容易猝死
lucia
10 楼
这研究得出这个结论感觉很片面。应该这么讲,困了需要睡一下的时候就睡一下,和困了还硬撑相比,更有利健康。如果精神很好根本不困,睡不睡没区别。
Silverwing
11 楼
我记得有研究说白天睡觉容易猝死
mountainside 发表于 2023-06-20 16:02

这一定是资本家做的研究
在附加个“加班有助延年益寿”的研究就完美了
zhangxx818
12 楼
午睡有利健康也需要研究?
Tina_tgif
13 楼
我在幼儿园的时候,中午都是躺在床上自己玩,一年能睡着个两三次。只好不闹老师不会管。小学一般中午就看书,爸妈都睡着。但是夏天天气热,我们那里是早晚活动,早上五点起晚上11点以后才睡觉,中午就会睡一下。高中中午在宿舍就躺一下睡10分钟。大学开始就彻底不午睡了,只有生病了白天才会睡觉,不然白天nap醒了以后会觉得很恶心。
lianqiao 发表于 2023-06-20 15:50

嗯,一样的,我白天一般都睡不着,偶尔午睡睡着以后就起不来了,一觉能睡到下午三四点钟,醒来后还觉得恶心难受,所以我不爱午睡
焱焱
14 楼
中国老祖宗要从棺材里嘎嘎笑醒了
南开阿飞
15 楼
我经常睡。。。
athenana
16 楼
我记得有研究说白天睡觉容易猝死

确实是这样的,午睡increase the risk of high blood pressure, stroke, etc。有很多study都得出过这个结论
xiazheteng
17 楼
不能睡太久。我觉得10-2” 分钟nap 对我来说特别有效。
ricee
18 楼
我记得有研究说白天睡觉容易猝死

说啥的都有
smileCy
19 楼
从今天开始午睡!谁也不能阻止我
smileCy
20 楼
lianqiao 发表于 2023-06-20 15:50

你这nap方法不对,午睡最好是10-30分钟
相关阅读
野蘑菇你们怎么看啊?现在很多小朋友的打扮越来越成人化了给United气坏了,大家给看看有没有办法投诉2023年6月20日价格早报纽约好儿子出现了,“噶腰子”救父小说连载《东莞旧事》7.莞城四虎【2023坛庆】Feelin’ Good (Michael Bublé version)【七绝】 谢谢 (十一真)终于国足赢了韩国,半场踢倒三人【尘封档案】系列之159:“水鬼大盗”疑案APAD:One good turn deserves……突圍下21(被列治文圖書館、加拿大中文電台好書推薦)这里有做AIRBNB的吗? Is this too good to be true?《给我,你的大脑!》(10)——凤凰涅磐【冯站长之家】2023年6月20日(周二)三分钟新闻早餐2023年6月20日医疗晨报APAD: What is good for the goose is good for the gander.收割人类 III 之第十六章 陷落(10)午睡睡得好,大脑小不了!近40万人研究:习惯性午睡,大脑年轻2.6-6.5岁!最佳午睡时间是?Upside Foods 和 Good Meat要开始卖人造鸡肉了2023庭院:So Far So Good 的菜菜们适合小个子的blazer清明的思念父亲节秋兰谈国父,我则看了The Good Shepherd午休(nap)我觉得是提高/保持工作效率的最佳方法之一马斯克说向富豪加税没用,最后只会伤害中低收入者春分Agustín Hernández:中美洲建筑背景下的未来主义巨构周末good buy before good bye, 及风控2023年6月20日物联网新闻2023年6月20日历史上的今天大家猜猜这是谁啊,吓到我了(图)历史性时刻|培养肉将在美国上市!GOOD Meat & UPSIDE Foods被批准在美国上市销售【金牛座生快】I'm Gonna Getcha GoodLV2024早春老花系列来了,是不是很符合国人审美?Good bye 咪咪Woolworths 6月14日-6月20日折扣,《老烟记事》是什么?Good News For Cold Noodle Lovers: License Requirements Relaxed台警方:不会侦办大小S被控吸毒案
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。